To Fight Fine Lines And Promote A Natural Glow
- Use three parts honey to one part cinnamon.
- Warm , gently mix, then apply to your face.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before washing off.
For gentle exfoliation and moisturization, try an oatmeal, yogurt, and honey mask. The oatmeal calms skin while gently removing dead cells, while the yogurt fights acne with its alpha hydroxy acids.
- Combine a handful of oats, about 1/3 cup of yogurt, and a healthy drizzle of honey in a bowl.
- Let the mask sit for a few minutes .
- Apply to the face and enjoy for at least 10 minutes before rinsing.
Who Shouldnt Use Honey
- If you have an allergy to bee products, dont use honey or any product containing honey on your skin
- If you wear full coverage makeup like foundation, tinted moisturizer, BB/CC creams, or sunblocks/sunscreens that are difficult to wash off dont use honey to wash your face when youre wearing these products . In this case, use honey to wash your face in the morning, and at night use a gentle cleanser to wash your face and remove all makeup and products completely .
- If your skin is really dry, it might be better to use an oil or cream cleanser rather than honey. I recommend trying the honey for a week and seeing how your skin responds .
- If for some reason honey irritates your skin, stop using it . Youll know in the first few day or week of using it if its causing sensitivity or issues.
Use Raw Honey For Acne:
Steps to Follow:
- Take a small amount of immaculate raw honey.
- Apply this on your face by utilizing your fingertips or by utilizing cotton cushion.
- Give it a chance to be on for around 30 minutes and wash it off with warm water first and after that follow it with chilly water which helps to close your skin pores to determine the issue.
- Repeat the same process regularly to get clear skin that prevents acne.
Using Honey Mask For Acne Treatment
You can easily prepare a face mask using honey and other natural and readily available ingredients and use it to cure acne. Some of the ways of preparing a honey mask for acne is given below.
Oat, Honey, and Lemon Mask: This is one of the effective and hence, the most popular âmaskâ when it comes to using honey for acne. You would need the following ingredients
- Half a cup of ground oatmeal
- 1-2 teaspoons of raw honey
- one teaspoons of lemon juice
You need to mix the ingredients into a paste. Apply the pack to your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Cinnamon And Honey For Acne:
Steps to Follow:
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey and mix it well in a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Cinnamon acts as antibacterial that de-stops up the pores.
- Apply this everywhere on your face and acne affected part of the skin
- Leave it on for around 10 15 minutes and afterwards rinse it off with warm water.
- In the wake of washing, apply toner to your face.
- Repeat the process to get relief from the acne.
- Additionally, you can apply this in the prior night going to bed and leave it for overnight and wash it off in the morning.
Recommended Reading: How To Fix Scarring From Acne
Is It Safe To Use Honey Every Day
Its not only safe but even recommended in some cases. Honey is extremely nutritious and it usually comes free from chemicals and additives, meaning it wont irritate your skin even if you leave it for a long time or use it every day. Because the beneficial properties of honey are not as strong as some acne treatment products, applying it more frequently and for longer periods of time might be needed before you see results. Just make sure you are applying high-quality honey, preferably raw, so you know it has preserved its acne-fighting properties.
Will Eating Honey Help Acne
It is well known that a balanced diet and healthy skin go hand-in-hand. Studies have shown that natural honey is a valuable nutrient with minerals, vitamins, amino acids, inhibines, proteins, and antioxidants.
While more research is needed, there is some evidence that one can reduce or prevent acne breakouts by consuming less dairy, more omega-3 fatty acids and following a diet with a low-glycemic load.
However, while raw honey has a low glycemic index, there is no evidence to suggest eating it will improve acne symptoms.
You May Like: What Is Good For Acne On Face
Nutmeg Face Pack And Honey For Acne:
Steps to Follow:
- Take a level with quantities of honey and powdered nutmeg.
- Combine this solution well and apply this on your face very gently like face pack.
- Allow it to stay for 60 minutes and afterward wash your face with clean water.
- Follow this face pack regularly to stop acne and its symptoms.
What Is Manuka Honey
Manuka honey comes from the Manuka flower, which is found only in New Zealand. Manuka honey is unique because it has the strongest antibacterial properties possible for honey. It has been used for centuries to dress wounds and promote healing, therefore it makes sense that people would wonder how to use Manuka Honey for acne too.
This honey naturally produces hydrogen peroxide when it comes into contact with a wound, which helps kill bacteria that causes acne. Too much hydrogen peroxide can damage the skin, but Manuka honey is able to produce the perfect amount for the skin to heal.
Read Also: How To Drain Cystic Acne
How Long Until You See Results
As far as soothing and calming results, your skin should appear less red and inflamed the same day or the next day.
Because the healing and antibacterial properties of honey arent quite as researched, its unclear how long it may take for blemishes to fully heal.
If you dont see results with continued use, it might be time to consider traditional acne medications or treatments.
- OTC topicals with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide
- prescription-strength topical retinoids, such as tretinoin
- oral medication, including birth control pills and spironolactone
On the other hand, immediately discontinue use if you experience any of the following after application:
Using Raw Honey For Acne
Raw honey can be used all by itself. You can apply it on areas which have pimples, blackheads and white spots. You can also mix it with specific ingredients to get better results.
- For example, you can add a few drops of honey to a tablespoon of turmeric powder and then apply it on your face. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash it off with water
- You can also prepare a mixture of 2 teaspoons of raw honey, along with one teaspoon of baking soda. You need to rub this mixture on the affected area for three to two minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this for two months, and you would get positive results.
- Nutmeg and honey is another combination that you can try out. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of nutmeg powder and apply it on the affected areas. However, you should keep in mind that some people might be allergic to nutmeg powder. So, it is recommended that you consult your doctor before you use any such mixture.
Apart from using raw honey for acne, you can also use a honey mask for acne treatment. Let us now take a look at some of the ways in you can prepare such a mask.
Also Check: How To Reduce Redness Of Acne Scars
Myths Vs Facts Of Honey
Honey does not have any chemicals.
Natural does not mean that it is chemical-free. Natural ingredients are also composed of several chemical substances such as flavonoids, polyphenols etc.
Honey is the best option for allergy-prone skin.
Honey is soothing for your skin and thats why it is recommended for sensitive skin. But honey has pollen and bee proteins, which can cause allergic reactions to some people. The chances of allergies are low but never zero.
Any kind of honey can cure acne.
Not every honey is good for your skin. Processed honey does not offer the same qualities as raw honey. The antibacterial properties are much lower in processed honey.
Tea Tree Oil With Honey
Tea tree essential oil contains strong antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. These properties help to get rid of acne. When we combine tea tree oil with honey it works great for acne. Take 2 drops of tea tree essential oil and 1 tbsp of honey. Mix these 2 ingredients well. Apply, this paste on the face and keep it for 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a week for best results.
Also Check: How To Treat Hormonal Acne In Males
Can I Wash My Face With Honey In The Shower
I actually recommend never washing your face with anything in the shower!
The reason why is shower water tend to be very hot, and most people immerse their face under the hot shower water a lot longer than they do when they wash their face over the sink. All of this will irritate and dry out your skin more. I recommend, especially for sensitive, dry, or acne-prone skin, not to wash your face in the shower ever . For best results, wash you face before your shower, and do your best not immerse you face under the running shower water either .
How To Use Manuka Honey For Acne:
Depending on what you are trying to treat, there are many different ways to use Manuka honey for acne. A great way to treat acne all over the face is to use a Manuka honey cleanser or a face mask. If you are looking for how to use Manuka honey for acne in a specific area, it can be used as a spot treatment.
Don’t Miss: How To Fight Cystic Acne
How To Use Baking Soda And Honey For Acne Treatment
Take a tbsp baking soda and mix it with enough amount of raw honey to prepare a paste. Apply the paste on the acne affected parts of the face. Gently massage in circular motion and keep it on the skin for 10-12 minutes. Rinse off with fresh water and repeat this remedy with honey for acne treatment 2-3 times in a week.
Sugar Scrub And Honey For Acne:
Steps to Follow:
- Take a small amount of sugar and tan sugar .
- Mix it well and apply this on your face with the help of a clean cloth or cotton ball.
- Scrub the face very gently, especially the areas affected by acne in a circular motion.
- At long last, rinse it off with water and repeat the same process of scrubbing to prevent acne and different symptoms.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Acne Scab
How To Prepare Face Pack With Cinnamon And Honey For Acne Treatment
Take a tsp cinnamon powder and make a paste by mixing it with enough amount of raw honey. Apply this directly on the acne affected parts of the face. Let it stay for 10-15 minutes and rinse off after that using fresh water. Repeat this simple face mask with honey for acne treatment daily. If possible, then use this honey, cinnamon paste as an overnight treatment to get rid rid of acne.
Honey Won’t Work On All Acne But It May Work On Inflamed Pimples##
“Raw honey works to make inflammatory acne look less angry because it has an osmotic effect on the skinit can draw out and help reduce inflammation,” says Kavita Mariwalla, a dermatologist in West Islip, New York. “Honey can be a calming agent, so it also helps to reduce redness.” However, you won’t want to look to the sweet-and-sticky stuff for cleansing your pores. “Do not be fooled into thinking that the honey will pull out dirt because it is sticky. It may leave a film on the skin which you then have to rinse vigorously,” she says. “Unfortunately, it’s not like a liquid Bioré pore strip.”
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Arm Acne
Tea Tree Oil And Honey Cleanser
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It’s thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. A lot of skincare products formulated for acne-prone skin contain this ingredient. If you have tea tree essential oil at home, mix it with honey to get the perfect DIY treatment for acne. Do a patch test to ensure you are not allergic to it.
Method: To make your tea tree oil and honey for acne cleanser, take 2-3 drops of diluted tea tree oil and add a teaspoon of honey. Massage the mixture on your face then leave it on for a few minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
Exposed Skin Care And Honey For Acne
As weve said, honey helps with pimples, but it cant do it all, which is why we recommend combining a weekly honey mask treatment with the daily three-step routine available in our Basic Kit. Exposed is the perfect match for honey because several of our best products, like our Facial Cleanser and Clear Pore Serum, contain salicylic acid, an acne-fighting ingredient that gently exfoliates the skin and reduces oil buildup. Together with a low concentration of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid complements honey home remedies perfectly.
Also Check: Will Acne Go Away On Its Own
Cinnamon And Honey For Acne Scars
Steps to Follow:
- Take equivalent amounts of a tablespoon of all the three ingredients i.e. nutmeg, cinnamon power and honey.
- Mix all these ingredients properly in a mixing bowl and apply this to the acne scars affected part of the skin
- Let is stay for 20 minutes and afterwards cleanse your skin with lukewarm water
- Regularly be in contact with this process to dispose of the acne scars.
- Past these, treatments for acne, you need to make changes in your eating regimen and lifestyles which helps a ton in treating the acne, symptoms and acne scars. Have an adjusted eating methodology which contains full of minerals and vitamins.
Aspirin And Honey For Acne:
Steps to Follow:
- Take 3 5 uncoated aspirin pills. Aspirin has a wonderful anti-inflammatory that reduces redness and ache. It contains salicylic corrosive which cleans out pores and shields the skin.
- Take a small bowl and squash the aspirin by adding a sufficient amount of water to it.
- Slowly add a teaspoon of raw or organic honey, into that mixture.
- Apply this to your face and other acne affected skin parts.
- Leave it for 10 15 minutes and after that rinse it off with water.
- For better results, apply this paste before going to bed and leave it overnight. In the morning, wash it off.
Read Also: Why Do You Get Acne On Your Forehead
Honey To Treat Acne Overnight:
Steps to Follow:
- Apply some amount of pure raw honey on the acne spot at night time before going to bed.
- Leave it open in that state for overnight with the help of a band aid to avoid mess.
- Next morning, wash it off with water by removing the band aid and you will find your acne spot will be reduced
- Repeat this process in every night until you are confident that your acne has been cleared out completely.
Diy Recipe: Cinnamon And Honey Face Mask
Like honey, cinnamon has antibacterial properties, and the combination has even been medically reviewed as potentially great. So, this mask may be great for keeping P. acnes bacteria under control.
For people with regular pimple breakouts or the occasional cyst, the cinnamon-honey mask may be ideal because it can treat and prevent these without causing irritation to the skin. Cinnamon can also be an exfoliant, so it may help remove excess oil as well.
This mask is best for people with pimple-prone skin.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Simply mix these two ingredients thoroughly and apply to your face or wherever its needed. Let the mask sit for 30 minutes to an hour, then remove by rinsing with cool water .
The exfoliating and mildly astringent nature of cinnamon may irritate very sensitive skin, so you may want to test a small area on your arm or leg before applying it to your face.
Recommended Reading: What Helps With Acne Scars
Sea Salt And Honey For Acne
Sea salt is considered good for oily skin since its alkaline in nature and it has the power to balance out the oil. Additionally, sea salt has antibacterial properties which can help in reducing acne and speeding up the healing process. For this mask, mix together one tbsp of both honey and sea salt. Add two tbsp of hot water and stir well. Apply the mixture on affected areas. Massage the face in a circular motion. Be careful not to use too much pressure and irritate the skin. Wash your face with warm water after 15 minutes.
The 7 Effective Ways On How To Use Honey For Acne
Have a jar of honey at home? Then youre wondering how you can use it for skin care. Read on as I show you the ways on how to use honey for acne!
Weve all heard of different approaches to obliterate acne and probably even spent an entire day searching for the best fix. One of the most acknowledged natural remedies that many people swear by is honey.
Do you know that many beauty companies incorporate it in their anti-acne products? Honey is an antioxidant with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that work well against acne. But you dont have to get yourself a beauty product containing honey. Were giving you details on how to use honey for acne whether you prefer it as a mask, a scrub or topical treatment!
Recommended Reading: What Is The Cause Of Chest Acne