What Are The Best Ways To Get Rid Of Chest Acne
According to Dr. Rana, Identifying and understanding the underlying causes of your chest acne is the first step toward creating an effective acne treatment plan. Once you understand the specific skin care products, stresses, and other issues that lead to flare-ups in your condition, you can take steps to avoid them. From there, you can partner with your dermatologist to create a skin care routine to clear up your current breakout and prevent them in the future.
Individuals with chest acne should work with their dermatologist to create a personalized skin care plan that works for them, but some steps anyone can take to treat chest acne breakouts include:
- Use antibacterial soap to clean the area around the breakout after sweating or getting dirty
- Swap out your thick, cream-based moisturizers for lotions that are non-comedogenic to help keep your skin moisturized without contributing to breakouts
- Apply topical acne treatments to blemishes
During chest acne breakouts, most people can clear up their pimples using over-the-counter products. Acne body washes, wipes, and spot treatments are available in your local pharmacy to help clear up pimples. Patients who have larger pimples or cysts and nodules that develop deeper beneath the skin should contact their dermatologist for treatment as soon as possible. These more severe forms of acne can be very painful, have a greater risk of infection, and may lead to scarring if not properly treated.
How Do You Get Rid Of Acne Scars Overnight
Acne breakouts are common and quite frustrating. They may leave scars on the face and can trigger anxiety in teens and adults. Professional treatment of acne scars has shown excellent results but needs six to eight weeks to work.
If you want radiant skin, a regular skincare routine is key. This must be coupled with a healthy diet, a good exercise regimen, and stress relief techniques to avoid acne in the first place and eventually achieve clear and healthy skin.
Below are a few common ways to get rid of acne scars. These will take time to work, so you must be regular and diligent in their application. Always do a patch test behind your earlobe to check if you are allergic to any of these ingredients.
Causes And Prevention Of Chest Acne
- Genetic makeup: Like all acne, chest acne may be a result of genetics, including a hereditary tendency for excess oil production or dead skin cells.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal imbalance, such as an increase in testosterone from anabolic steroid use, can result in increased oil production, which in turn can cause chest acne.
- Excessive sweating: Whether you’ve just finished a vigorous workout or the summer heat is in full swing, excessive sweating, and neglecting to cleanse that sweat from your skin accordingly, may lead to clogged pores, which can result in unwanted breakouts.
- Diet: A high glycemic diet, including foods such as potatoes, white rice, and sugary foods, can lead to chest acne. This type of diet may increase blood sugar, which in turn causes your body to produce excess sebum, leading to breakouts.
- Tight clothing: What you wear can also influence breakouts. Tight, fitted clothing may be a cause of chest acne by trapping excess sweat and bacteria on your skin, resulting in clogged pores and acne.
Read Also: How To Not Have Acne
How To Identify Deep Scars
Here are the common characteristics of deep scars:
- Tissue Depth Or Depression: Flat, thin scars have an indentation that extends vertically to the deep dermis layer of skin or subcutaneous tissue.
- Loss Of Tissue/Skin Volume: These round to oval depressions have sharply demarcated edges and a width of 1.5 to 4 mm. Fibrotic indentations result in shadowing and a pitted appearance.
- Discolouration Of Skin: Acne may result in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Some acne scars may vary in colour from pink, tan, skin-coloured to dark brown.
- Undulating Appearance: Often, these scars have a horizontal orientation with sharp margins or depressed tracks. Skin appears uneven due to the loss of critical rebuilding tissue without collagen.
How To Get Rid Of Back Acne And Acne Scars
Preventative measures to avoid acne can be great when done consistently, but what should you do if back acne gets worse or when simple lifestyle changes prove ineffective?
Just as there are various types of over-the-counter acne creams or steroidal medication prescribed by a dermatologist, you can find a suitable treatment to get rid of bacne.
- Chemical peels
Don’t Miss: How To Get Rid Of Fungal Acne At Home
How You Can Prevent And Treat Unsightly Acne Scars
Fighting acne is bad enoughyou try to keep your skin clear, but you cant seem to stay ahead of the breakouts. And to make matters worse, those breakouts can lead to unsightly scars.
Fortunately, there are ways to prevent breakouts and keep those scars from cropping up. And if youre already seeing some scars, new treatments can help minimize their appearance.
Change Up Your Laundry Detergent
The materials that come into contact with our skin can have a huge impact on skin health. Irritants like fragrances and dyes can cause inflammation and acne when theyre in products we use like moisturizers or laundry detergents. Some patients, even those suffering from severe cases of cystic acne, have found relief by switching their laundry detergent to one thats gentle and fragrance-free.
Read Also: Will Aloe Vera Help Acne
How To Get Rid Of Back Acne Scars
Acne breakouts can be painful and especially frustrating in hard-to-reach areas like your back. Any breakout can lead to acne scars. Weve compiled a list of home and medical remedies to help you clear up your skin and get rid of back acne scars.
Acne is a painful skin disorder that can affect women at any age but most commonly occurs during puberty. Its a common skin disease, and though its not a serious health concern, it can lead to scarring.
Acne breakouts occur in four primary ways:
- Excess oil production
- Hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin cells
- Excess androgen activity
Acne is a common skin disease, and though its not a serious health concern, it can lead to scarring.
Acne is most common on the face, neck, back, shoulders, and chest. Scarring is possible in all areas, but because your back is difficult to reach, acne can be more common there. There are four types of acne lesions you can experience on your back:
How Is Laser Acne Treatment Better Than Creams Or Ointments
Traditionally, acne and acne scarring removal was treated with harsh chemicals or medications that often affected the healthy surrounding skin as well. With laser acne treatment, very few side effects, if any, result. Many patients experience no downtime. The procedure itself is also virtually painless, and can achieve results more quickly than other methods.
Don’t Miss: How Long Does It Take For Acne To Go Away
What Are The Types Of Acne And What Do They Look Like
Acne presents as many different forms. Whiteheads and blackheads are typical and tend to heal smoothly more often than not. Then there are the types that can lead to scarring:
- Papules: Pink to red bumps that hurt when you touch them.
- Pustules: Pus-filled lesions. Theyre red at the base and white or yellow at the top.
- Nodules: Solid lesions. Theyre larger than papules and pustules and can hurt more because they extend deeper into the skin.
- Cysts: Cysts lie deep within the skin. Theyre painful, full of pus and are most likely to scar.
What Are Acne Scars
Acnescars are the stubborn reminders of your former acne breakouts. There isnt a single treatment for acne scars since everyones skin is different. There are, however, a few natural remedies for reducing the severity of your scars.
Acne is the most common skin condition. It can break out on your face, back, neck, chest, and shoulders. Acne occurs when there is a build-up of oils and skin cells on your skin. Once bacteria get involved, your skin becomes inflamed, which can leave behind acne scars.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Cat Acne
Laser Treatment For Acne Scars
Our second primary treatment, the Icon Laser, offers patients the best results for smoother skin. Laser therapy breaks up the scar with laser light. It punches holes in the collagen without ever piercing the skin. Because it doesnt break the skin, recovery tends to be quicker after this treatment. Also, lasers penetrate deep into the skin causing long-lasting results.
The costs of laser treatments for acne scars vary drastically. Depending on the area and the type of laser you need, the costs of laser treatment for acne scars range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
Keloids And Hypertrophic Scars
Other scars commonly caused by acne outbreaks are keloid and hypertrophic scars. Both of these scars are raised above the skin around the surrounding area, the exact opposite characteristic of atrophic scars. Their cause is an increase in collagen production during the healing process, the exact opposite cause of atrophic scars.
There are a few ways you can attack a raised scar, but the most recommended is with silicone. This is the number one ingredient to look for in scar management. A scar gel such as RejuvaSil helps create a barrier over the wound to decrease collagen production. The great thing about this silicone scar gel is that it dries clear. Which is pretty important, because its on your face. Ladies, its also a great makeup primer, so another added bonus.
The final remnant of an acne breakout that we want to point out is hyperpigmentation. This is a dark spot or discoloration thats noticeably different from the surrounding skin.
You May Like: How To Clear Acne Around Mouth
Which Hormones Causes Chest Acne
For some patients, factors like diet and stress can impact hormone levels and cause the onset of adult chest acne. Diets rich in sugary, greasy, and fatty foods raise blood sugar, which can trigger hormones that boost the bodys sebum production, ultimately causing pimples to form. Increased amounts of stress can also influence breakouts in the chest area. Stress causes the production of hormones called androgens. Androgens cause enlargement and hyperactivity of sebum glands in the skin, leading to increased sebum production that can clog pores and cause pimples, nodules, cysts, whiteheads and blackheads.
Thankfully, small lifestyle adjustments can often help improve the appearance of your chest acne. Reducing your intake of processed foods, drinking plenty of water throughout the day, and managing daily stress can all help to keep your chest acne under control.
Oatmeal And Gram Flour Homemade Remedy
Oatmeal is the best source of fiber and proteins. It removes all the dead cells from the skin and gently treats acne naturally. Oatmeal and gram flour are the perfect remedy for preventing acne and itchiness from the chest. Using this pack twice a pack to get optimum results.
How to use?
- Take 1 cup of soaked and boiled oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato juice
- Add some water as required
- Mix all the things slowly and make a smooth paste from it
- Now apply this pack on the acne prone area and keep it until it dries
- Lastly, wash it with cold water and get instant result.
Read Also: What Does Acne On Your Chin Mean
Why Am I Getting Chest Acne In My 30s
Most people think that acne is a part of being an awkward teenager, and dont realize that acne in fact is a common part of adulthood for manyin fact, in a recent study, 85% of females and 15% of males struggled with adult acne. Adult acne can be triggered by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental factors. Though its frustrating, adult acne anywhere on the body can be successfully treated through topical treatments, a steady skincare routine, oral medications, in-office treatments, or a combination of any of the above.
Dry Skin And Sun Exposure
It is a common misconception that sun helps clear acne. In reality, sun exposure can make acne worse, including acne on the chest. Sun exposure can lead to dehydration and dry out already dry skin, causing acne to form.
In these cases, acne forms because the body starts to produce more oil to help rehydrate the skin. A person with chest acne may want to consider non-pore clogging moisturizers and limiting direct sun exposure.
Read Also: How Long Do Acne Scars Last
Be Conscious About What Youre Wearing:
Avoid the use of tight clothes on your chest or at least shorten their use. Tightly fitted clothes rub over your affected areas and cause irritation. They spread the bacteria to other parts of your body, which eventually aggravates acne.
Avoid wearing synthetic fabrics as much as you possibly can. The main downside of the fabrics like polyster, rayon, or nylon is that they dont allow your skin to breath . They retain heat and agitate your skin. And all this, when combined, creates a potentially vulnerable environment for your skin.
Now what should I wear if l remove all these fabrics? You might wonder.
Well, nothing fancy Prefer pure cotton, wool, or even fabrics made up of bamboo viscose. They not only allow your skin to breath, but theyre also a lot less irritating than synthetic fabrics.
It doesnt mean that you should throw out all your clothes that you bought previously, but its good to be selective in buying new clothes from now.
Visit Us Dermatology Partners
If youre struggling with chronic acne breakouts that dont respond to at-home care, its time to visit with a dermatologist to adjust your daily skin care routine and create a plan to manage breakouts. You should also visit your dermatologist at U.S. Dermatology Partners any time you experience a severe acne flare-up. For deep or infected acne cysts and nodules, your dermatologist can remove the buildup in the clogged pores safely to help you avoid infection and scarring as well as providing treatment to address your acne breakout. When youre ready to learn more about your treatment options or start creating an acne skincare routine, you can use the simple online scheduling request form to set up an appointment with Dr. Rana or one of the many knowledgeable dermatologists at U.S. Dermatology Partners. Once we hear from you, a team member will be in touch to finalize the details of your first appointment.
Find a location near me
Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
Get the latest updates on news, specials and skin care information.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Acne Naturally Diet
Don’t Miss: Can Iud Help With Acne
Is It Acne Or Folliculitis
Folliculitis is an inflammation of the hair follicles, commonly caused by yeast or fungus. Folliculitis has symptoms similar to acne, with small bumps appearing on the skin of the affected area.
A person may mistake folliculitis for acne. Often, they may not suspect folliculitis until after traditional treatments for acne have been unsuccessful.
Folliculitis, unlike acne, may lay dormant for several months or years before flaring again. Also, folliculitis is often itchy, whereas acne is not.
People with folliculitis may experience outbreaks during hot and humid periods. Some other potential causes include:
- having oily skin
Acne may not require a doctors care.
A person can often self-treat acne at home with over-the-counter washes, wipes, lotions, and creams.
Some people who have experienced acne may be able to prevent future outbreaks by avoiding potential triggers that may cause their acne.
A person who develops cysts or nodules or who has a family history of them forming should see a doctor as soon as acne starts to develop, as these types of acne can cause permanent scarring.
Early treatment can help prevent the damage to the skin. Also, a person whose acne does not seem to clear may also wish to seek a doctors help.
People who experience flares of acne that come and go should see their doctor. When blemishes appear on and off, a person should seek medical attention as it may be folliculitis.
Hydrafacials To Exfoliate And Treat Chest Acne
The HydraFacial is a medical-grade facial that uses an innovative three-step process to cleanse, exfoliate, and rejuvenate the skin. The HydraFacial uses HydraFacial MD Active-4 cleanser to both clean and hydrate the skin, a vortex suction device to clear out clogged pores and exfoliate the skin, and unique skin care serums that infuse antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid to restore a radiant complexion. The HydraFacial can also be combined with blue LED light therapy in order to better treat active acne lesions and acne scars.
Don’t Miss: What Gets Rid Of Acne Scars
A Light Chemical Peels
You can use this method to treat PIH and get full results after about 48 hours. It treats the dark spots using alpha-hydroxy acids and beta-hydroxy acids like mandelic, glycolic, or salicylic acid. These acids work by dissolving the substance that holds dead skin cells together, hence revealing fresher skin.
Why Do I Have Back Acne
Many of the causes of back acne are the same as for facial acne, including:
- Hormones This is a common reason why teens struggle with bacne, but unfortunately, back acne is not limited to those in their teenage years. Women, in particular, are prone to back acne throughout their menstrual cycle and during pregnancy.
- Medication Acne can be a side effect of certain medications. This is particularly common with lithium, corticosteroids and anticonvulsants.
- Genetics Some people are more prone to acne if their parents have also suffered from acne.
- Stress Stress may not directly contribute to acne, but studies have shown that if you have existing or active acne, stress can make it worse. This is because wounds, including acne wounds, heal slower when your body is under stress.
- Sweat This is a prevalent cause of back acne. Commonly referred to as sweat pimples, acombination of sweat, heat, bacteria and friction leads to clogged pores and breakouts. So, tight clothing and a long sweaty workout can become a recipe for disaster.
For acne scars on the face, neck, chest or back, they form under similar conditions. When acne is left untreated or pimples are picked at, it leaves room for pigmentation to occur, and this leads to acne scarring.
Though not all acne scarring is the same, you may find that pigmentation left behind by previous back acne breakouts are the most common.
Don’t Miss: Does Ice Help Acne Scars