Why Does Price Of Laser Treatment For Scar Removal Vary
The following factors influence the price of laser scar removal in India-
- Size Of The Scar The size of the scar plays a vital role in analysing the modality of treatment and the number of sessions required. Both these factors may up the price of treatment.
- Depth Of The Scar Scars that penetrate the deeper layers of skin, will need more sessions of laser treatment and involve a higher cost of treatment.
- Type Of Scar Different types of scars require a combination treatment which may increase the expense involved.
- Experienced Practitioner A trained doctor with more experience in using specialised techniques may command a higher fee for the procedure.
- Clinic Location Clinics located in major cities and at posh localities may charge a premium for offering advanced aesthetic treatments.
Mild Vs Severe Scarring
Treatments depend on how severe the scars are. In some cases, a doctor or dermatologist may suggest a chemical peel or microdermabrasion to help improve the appearance of scarred areas. These milder treatments can be done right in the office.
For serious scarring from previous bouts with acne, several types of treatment can help:
- Laser resurfacing. This procedure can be done in the doctor’s or dermatologist’s office. The laser removes the damaged top layer of skin and tightens the middle layer, leaving skin smoother. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour. The doctor will try to lessen any pain by first numbing the skin with local anesthesia. It usually takes between 3 and 10 days for the skin to heal completely.
- Dermabrasion. This treatment uses a rotating wire brush or spinning diamond instrument to wear down the surface of the skin. As the skin heals, a new, smoother layer replaces the abraded skin. It may take a bit longer for skin to heal using dermabrasion usually between 10 days and 3 weeks.
- Fractional laser therapy. This type of treatment works at a deeper level than laser resurfacing or dermabrasion, Because fractional laser therapy doesn’t wound the top layer of tissue, healing time is shorter. Someone who has had this type of treatment may just look a bit sunburned for a couple of days.
What To Expect After Undergoing Laser Resurfacing Treatment For Acne Scars
- You may experience swelling, which is normal. Your doctor may prescribe medication to reduce swelling.
- Keep the treated area clean. You need to clean it several times a day and apply ointments for wound care. Your doctor will guide you in this regard and also prescribe medications.
- You may feel an itching or stinging sensation in the treated area. It may continue for 12-72 hours after the procedure. Your skin may even peel and become dry.
- Healing usually takes 10-21 days, depending on the type of treatment, the area of treatment, and the way it heals. Once it heals completely, you can get back to your usual skincare or makeup routine.
You need to stay in touch with your doctor during the healing phase. If you notice any changes in your skin, talk to the doctor.
Consult your dermatologist beforehand to determine whether you are eligible for laser resurfacing treatment or not. Undoubtedly, this is the fastest way to deal with acne scarring. However, you should also be aware of the complications it may cause. Evaluate all aspects of the procedure before you decide to go through with it.
Laser treatment is one of the most efficient ways to reduce the appearance of acne scars. It is generally safe for most individuals. However, those with dark skin should avoid specific types of lasers due to the possibility of them causing hyperpigmentation. Your dermatologist will explore a variety of lasers while determining the optimal treatment plan for you.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Milia Acne
The Treatment Is Done By Board
While there are products that you can use to try to repair your skin yourself, laser treatments are performed by board-certified dermatologists. These medical professionals have the experience and expertise to treat your skin gently and effectively. They can recommend treatments that deliver greater benefits than solutions you may have tried in the past, and they can make sure your skin is appropriately cared for in the process.
Still Not Down For Lasers Here Are Some Other Acne Scar Treatments
All chemical peels work via the same basic process: Apply a concentrated chemical substance to the skin, which essentially destroys the outer later of skin to remove damage and kickstart the bodys repair process.
Chemical peels can be an effective way to manage acne itself and, when done safely, they can also make subtle changes to very shallow scars, Dr. Vashi says. Light- to medium-depth peels containing an alpha- or beta-hydroxy-acid will exfoliate the skin and reduce hyperpigmentation, she says. That can make the skins overall pigment and texture look more even.
But Dr. Johnson notes that these kinds of peels really cant get deep enough to have an impact on deeper acne scars. There are so-called deep chemical peels that might be used for more intense wrinkles, scars, or precancerous growths, the Mayo Clinic says, but neither Dr. Vashi nor Dr. Johnson offer them in their own practices due to their potential risks, such as infections and scarring.
One type of chemical procedurewhich involves the use of trichloroacetic acid has been found to be particularly effective in treating deeper, narrower scars known as icepick scars. These tend to be so deep that lasers and needles cant penetrate far enough to reach their base, so, a tiny dose of TCA is dabbed into the scar to help close it up. But this type of treatment usually takes multiple sessions, lasting up to six months, to see improvements, Dr. Johnson says.
Cost: $150-200 per treatment
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Acne Scars From Face
How Long Does It Take Acne Scars To Go Away
Acne scars do not go away entirely on their own. Depressed acne scars often become more noticeable with age as skin loses collagen. However, there are a variety of treatments that can make acne scars less noticeable.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or redness may lighten on its own within several months. However, it may take years to go away without treatment for some people.
What You Need To Know
Scars may be flat or raised and come in many different shapes and shades. Laser therapy is particularly effective at flattening out raised scars. This can make them much less noticeable from different angles and the scar will blend in better with the rest of your skin.
For flat scars, laser therapy can still take off the upper layers of skin and help better match the color of the scar to your normal skin tone. Keep in mind that laser therapy may not be able to get rid of your scars completely. Even so, most people who try this therapy are happy with their results.
After the procedure, your skin is going to be quite sensitive. For that reason, you will want to stay out of the sun and avoid anything that may further irritate your skin. After some time, your skin will recover and you will notice that your complexion will be much smoother than before.
The only downside is that this treatment is quite expensive. Each session ranges between $1,000 and $2,000. If you dont have this kind of money to spend, what is the next best acne scar treatment you can try?
Read Also: What Foods To Eat To Clear Up Acne
What To Expect After Treatment
Acne laser treatment has been proven to be highly effective at reducing the appearance of acne scars, but it is important to have realistic expectations. Laser treatment will not likely erase your acne scars completely, but you can expect to see up to an 80% improvement, which is still considered dramatic.
Also remember that if you have smoother and more even skin as a result of this treatment, any remaining scar discoloration left behind should be easily covered by makeup. Untreated acne scars, on the other hand, are very difficult to disguise through any means.
The Outcomes Depend On The Skills Of The Person Performing The Procedure
If the person performing the laser treatment is not skilled enough, you may not get the desired results. Hence, before booking an appointment, ensure that a certified dermatologist is performing the procedure. The treatment outcome also depends on your bodyâs ability to make collagen and how diligent you are in following the post-treatment skincare routine.
You May Like: What Does Chest Acne Mean
Ideal Candidates For Acne Scar Laser Treatments
Laser therapy is safe and effective for most people who have scarring from acne and who are realistic about the results. There are, however, people who would likely not get good results from laser therapy, such as those who:
- Still have active acne breakouts
- Have deep wrinkles or sagging skin
- Have a chronic illness such as diabetes which can interfere with the healing process
Certain types of lasers can cause hyperpigmentation or less often, hypopigmentation in people with very dark skin. An exception is the nonablative submillisecondpulsed 1,064nm Nd:YAG laser, which has been found to be effective and pose relatively little risk of causing pigmentation changes in dark skin.
What Are The Different Types Of Acne
Acne comes in different forms:
- mild acne: this causes the whiteheads or blackheads that most of us get at some point
- moderate acne: this can cause red, inflamed pimples and red pimples with white centers
- severe acne: this causes painful, pus-filled cysts or lumps under the skin
Most serious scarring is caused by the more severe forms of acne, with nodules more likely to leave permanent scars than other types of acne.
The best approach is to get treatment for acne soon after it appears to prevent further severe acne and more scarring. If you have nodules, see your doctor or dermatologist for treatment.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars And Redness
A Quick And Effective Treatment To Reduce Acne Scarring
With 95% of acne sufferers experiencing some degree of scarring after their acne has been treated, it is no wonder that so many people are seeking safe and effective ways to permanently reduce acne scars. There are lasers that have been specifically designed to reduce the discoloration and uneven skin texture that can be left behind after acne heals.
Profractional Laser Treatment For Acne Scars
This laser is an Erbium: YAG laser that treats fractions of your skin by creating numerous microchannels within your skin tissues that boost collagen development and smoothen acne scars. The laser not only improves the scars but also tightens the skin, minimizes wrinkles, improves texture, and reduces photodamage.
Laser resurfacing treatments are non-invasive and usually ensure positive results. However, there are risks involved in these treatments. Before considering undergoing laser treatment, you need to be aware of its pros and cons.
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Pubic Acne
What Kind Of Conditions Can At
You can find at-home light and laser devices for treatment of acne, scars, hair removal and wrinkles using various methods, including IPL, LED, heat, infrared and more.
For example, the Skin Clinical Reverse Anti-Aging handheld uses LED to reduce fine lines and smooth your complexion and Nuface devices use microcurrents to stimulate skin and remove wrinkles. Neutrogena once offered a full-face mask that used red and blue light to reduce acne, but the device was recalled after reports of eye issues. You can still purchase the handheld, localized version of that product if you want.
Most at-home treatments fall into one of four main categories:
- Anti-aging to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and tighten and rejuvenate the skin
- Discoloration or pigmentation to get rid of sun spots, age spots or other pigmentation issues
- Hair removal or hair growth to, well, grow or remove hair
- Acne treatment to reduce redness, inflammation and scarring
How We Find The Right Laser Treatment For You
We will be able to determine what kind of treatment is best for you during your consultation. When you come in, we will examine your skin and ask you about the improvements you would like to see. We will take into account the size of your scars and the number of scars you have.
If one laser session cannot meet your needs, we will recommend multiple sessions. You will see cumulative improvement after each session. Best of all, your treatment will address your specific needs as a patient.
You May Like: How Do I Get Rid Of Acne Scars Fast
Should You Have Treatment For Your Acne Scars
Acne scars are permanent, although some may become less visible over time. The type of acne scar you have will determine the type of acne scarring treatment you require. Atrophic acne scars, such as ice pick acne scars will require certain treatments like ablative laser treatments, whereas, rolling and boxcar acne scarring may require ablative laser treatments.
The scars arent harmful, so there is no medical need to have them treated, but that doesnt mean that you have to put up with them. Scars can have a big impact on your confidence, self-esteem and mood. They can also be an unhappy reminder of your experiences with acne. If you arent bothered by your acne scars, then there is no need to seek treatment for them. However, if you feel self-conscious, depressed or dissatisfied with your appearance then it is worth seeing a dermatologist to find out if treatment could help.
When Will I See Results Of Acne Scar Treatment
Results are not immediate. Usually, six months after your last session is when the final results will apper. You must be patient as it takes time for your skin to respond to treatments. Some skin care products may be recommended by your medical aesthetician to help with recovery and expedite the appearance of results. Factors such as your general health and skin type will also affect results.
Read Also: How Does Zinc Help Acne
The Future Looks Bright For Treating Acne With Lasers And Lights
These treatments show great promise in treating acne. Some patients with severe acne cysts have seen clearing for years when laser therapy was added to their treatment plan.
More studies are needed to know what will work best for most people. In the meantime, if you think a laser or light treatment can improve your acne, you should talk with a dermatologist. This doctor can tell you if youd be a good candidate for this treatment.
Things To Know Before Having Laser Treatment For Your Scar
1. Laser treatment cannot get rid of a scar. Thanks to recent advancements in medicine, lasers are becoming a dermatologists go-to treatment for many scars. Laser treatment can:
Prevent a raised scar from forming after surgery
Reduce scar pain and itch
Increase your range of motion if a scar limits movement
Laser treatment can also make a scar less noticeable, but it cannot get rid of a scar. When you have laser scar treatment, youre replacing one scar with another less-noticeable scar.
2. Your results depend largely on the skills of the person performing the laser treatment. Dermatologists are at the forefront of researching and treating scars with lasers.
In the hands of a board-certified dermatologist, laser treatment can safely treat many types of scars.
When the person performing your laser treatment lacks medical expertise and specialized knowledge of the skin, laser treatment may not give you the results you seek. It can even be dangerous.
3. A medical consultation is crucial before any laser treatment.If someone promises to treat your scar before providing a medical consultation, walk away.
Give your dermatologist a list of the medications and supplements you take. To heal well and prevent the laser from scarring your skin, you may need to stop taking something for a while.
During the medical consultation, tell your dermatologist if you:
Get cold sores
Have any medical condition, including diabetes
Take any medications or supplements
Read Also: What Does Acne On Your Cheeks Mean
Types Of Laser Treatments For Acne Scars
Believe it or not, treating acne scars doesn’t come in a one size fits all. The type of laser treatment that’s best for you will depend on the kind of acne scars you have.
Acne scars can range from “depressions in the skinlike boxcar, pits, atrophic, rollingor those where the skin is raised and thickenedlike hypertrophic and keloidal,” Dr. MacGregor tells us. “Skin with acne can also be discolored, from red to violet purple to brown .”
“Acne scars usually consist of both a textural change in the skin as well as a discoloration ,” adds Dr. Nussbaum. “Therefore, multiple modalities can be combined to improve both texture and color to decrease the appearance of acne scars. I usually recommend a combination of different lasers, topicals, and radio-frequencymicro-needling.”
Here is everything you need to know to determine which laser treatment is best for treating your acne scars.
The Best Treatments For Acne Scar Reduction And Removal
Good news: Theres more than one treatment that can help you get clear, scar-free skin the one thats right for you will largely depend on the type of acne scars you have, as well as when youd like to see results.
Here are the two treatments we recommend for acne scar reduction and removal, including one laser thats excellent for getting clear skin faster:
Recommended Reading: How To Pop Cystic Acne
Which Laser Is Best For Acne Scar Reduction And Removal
If you have acne scars, you may feel just as frustrated with your skin as you did when you had acne breakouts. Thats why were here to tell you the best laser for acne scar reduction and removal, so you can enjoy the glowing, clear skin you deserve!
bodybuilding e salute oxandrolone anavar fail: pro bodybuilding and big guts | t nation
*Individual Results May Vary